Cosmetic dentistry encompasses a wide range of treatments and procedures that work to transform the appearance of the smile and, overall, aid appearance. Cosmetic dentistry can help make your smile look better and improve your self-confidence. Through these services, our team can correct a number of flaws, such as dull appearance, staining, gaps between the teeth, and misshapen or discolored teeth.
The field of cosmetic dentistry is not just about changing the appearance of your smile, but it’s about doing so using only safe and effective methods that preserve your health rather than harm it. Instead of purchasing a whitening toothpaste next time you go to the store, why not invest in something that is proven to deliver the results you want? Most store-bought products strip away enamel and barely make a difference – at GoSmiles Dentistry in Gainesville, VA, we can make sure you leave with the results you deserve!
Call our office today to book your visit!
Porcelain dental veneers are thin, custom-made shells that cover the front of teeth. They’re used to improve the color, shape, and size of the natural smile by concealing the teeth behind porcelain shells. Porcelain is especially good for dental veneers because it’s strong and highly resistant to wear – meaning they won’t chip or break easily; however, it’s still advisable to avoid chewing hard candies or ice cubes while wearing veneers.
Porcelain dental veneers can be used to:
- Strengthen, straighten or change their color
- Close large spaces between teeth
- Cover misaligned or discolored teeth
The process typically involves two appointments – one to prepare the teeth and another to apply the veneers.
- The process usually begins with an evaluation of your teeth, gums, and a discussion of your smile’s goals. We will do this to confirm there are no underlying medical conditions that would prevent the procedure, as well as to ensure we understand your desired outcome.
- We will remove tiny amounts of enamel from each tooth to prepare them for their new shells. Once the enamel is removed, your teeth will become more vulnerable to sensitivity and decay – they will rely on veneers in the future to maintain their integrity.
- Once enamel is removed, we use iTero technology to take a digital scan of your teeth to use as a guide for custom-making the veneers.
- The veneers are made by a dental laboratory and can take several weeks to prepare. When they’re ready, we will make your second appointment to bond them to the front of your teeth with a special resin cement.
- The veneers are carefully applied with a high degree of precision to ensure a beautiful appearance and comfortable fit.
You’ll need to keep your dental veneers in good shape by brushing and flossing regularly and having regular dental checkups every six months. Porcelain dental veneers can last up to 20 years if they’re properly cared for. At that point, they will need to be reapplied.
Our office uses the proven power of the Opalescence whitening system to reveal perfectly brightened teeth through both in-office and at-home treatment. Opalescence teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic treatment that uses a 10% hydrogen peroxide gel to effectively remove tooth stains and brighten your smile. This system makes teeth whiter and brighter through a carefully targeted chemical reaction that spreads across the tooth surface to uniformly lift color.
Our office uses Opalescence teeth whitening because we value the safety of our patients, as well as their comfort and satisfaction.
In order to ensure you select the method that works best for you, we offer whitening with Opalescence at home and in our office!
- Opalescence in-office is a gel applied by trained dental care professionals to maximize the benefits of the whitening procedure and directly target discoloration. This option works quickly to deliver noticeable results within just one hour in our office! This is ideal for patients seeking a quick transformation.
- Opalescence at home is delivered through our special whitening gel formula and custom-made bleaching trays. Patients will simply apply the gel to their tray and wear the device for as little as 15 minutes or as long as overnight. Upon removing the tray, they will notice their teeth are already whiter! With continued use, results can be controlled by the patient, and they may continue wearing the solution to reach the shade level they desire.
Because You Deserve Your Best Smile
At GoSmiles Dentistry, we are focused on changing the world one smile at a time – in our mission to create brighter, whiter smiles for our patients, we are hoping to create brighter futures as well! When a patient’s smile reveals how they feel on the inside, it speaks volumes and allows them to truly unveil their confidence, self-respect, and ability to surpass their own expectations. Our team strives for the best results for our patients – in the office and out in the world.
To learn more about cosmetic dentistry and see how it can change your life, call our office today!